starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form 2

Default Squat Form 2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My last post's over here: Squat Form

This is from today's workout. Still working on hitting depth. I had some lower back pain issues during the sets for some reason. Had to unrack the bar backwards for recording purposes since the plate holders on the front of the rack kept blocking the bar

Youtube

Narrow your stance about an inch on each side. Drive your knees out tgrough the whole rep. Don't let your knees get so far forward. Stay tight.
    You're better off not squatting backwards and just getting a sub-par video next time.

Are those cargo shorts? If you have some shorter, more athletic ones can help. But good job at being more committed! Like Jeff said, knees out ass back. Slow down a tad and point your nipples to the floor ASAP and keep your brace HARD! Think midfoot on the way up and down. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Narrow your stance about an inch on each side. Drive your knees out tgrough the whole rep. Don't let your knees get so far forward. Stay tight.
    You're better off not squatting backwards and just getting a sub-par video next time.
    Thanks Jeff. I'll try not to squat like that again cause I felt like I was gonna fall back .

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    Are those cargo shorts? If you have some shorter, more athletic ones can help. But good job at being more committed! Like Jeff said, knees out ass back. Slow down a tad and point your nipples to the floor ASAP and keep your brace HARD! Think midfoot on the way up and down. Good luck!
    Yeah they are, glad you noticed. Don't really have anything shorter other than boxers lol. And I'll try to bend over more from now on.