starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'd appreciate any advice you can give. This is the first time lifting using the hook grip. I realized afterwards that I forgot to lock my knees. I've gotten so fat that I've outgrown my belt. I ordered a new one, but it will take some time to be delivered internationally to me in Israel.

You're getting much better at the set up, and that's keeping the bar in closer.

Not exactly a critique of the lift, but I'd recommend clearing your lifting space before you go. Having a plate on the ground redirect the bar toward or away from you isn't ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    You're getting much better at the set up, and that's keeping the bar in closer.

Not exactly a critique of the lift, but I'd recommend clearing your lifting space before you go. Having a plate on the ground redirect the bar toward or away from you isn't ideal.
    LOL. The floor of the gym is not level, and the bar was rolling out of position, so I placed the plate there to hold the bar in place. But yeah, I will have to find a different solution.

Before this area was a gym, it was my outdoor yard. I put in a grid of heavy rebar, and poured a thick slab (close to 8") of high grade cement there; a semi professional job; and then enclosed the area with an insulated tin roof and sliding glass doors. I'm quite sure it won't crack no matter how often and heavy I drop the weights.

How's my lumbar extension?

The lumbar looks mostly flat, but it doesn't have that characteristic "extended" tightness.

Don't breath at the top.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    The lumbar looks mostly flat, but it doesn't have that characteristic "extended" tightness.

Don't breath at the top.
    Thanks Andrew. I just looked up in Ripp's Starting Strength book page 135, and I see that you are right about the breathing. I'll see if I can improve my lumbar "extension".