starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - 230lbs

Default Squat Form Check - 230lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey everyone!

My first post here. I read Starting Strength beginning of the year, and have been working on it since. Sadly, the trainers in my gym arn't well versed with compound lifts so I haven't gotten any feedback. I never realized that a forum like this existed! Hoping to contribute to it more going forward.

I would really appreciate feedback on my squat form. I've plateaued on 2 plates once before (I took a 2 month vacation so had to start from scratch), and I'm struggling to take it up this time as well.

YouTube

Thanks!

For your next form check video, try to get a shot that includes all of you (from head to feet), that will help.

I think your stance is a bit too narrow and you need to turn out more - it's hard to be sure. The bar is also riding a bit high. It'll be hard in that rack, but try putting the bar one hook lower (or find a different rack).

Thanks Jeff! Apologies if the shot wasn't good enough.

When you say I need to turn out more, are referring to pushing out my knees? Would a front video (from head to feet) help with that?

Would have a sense on my back form? Is it that the right angle and arch?

I think your stance is too narrow and your feet aren't turned out enough, but I can't tell because it's hard to see them in this video. You have pretty good back control, but because the bar is higher on your back, you aren't getting your hips into it enough.

Thanks Jeff! Point taken. Let me go back and record better quality videos.