starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks, yes i can see that gap. Will focus on monday.

Here's this morning's squats at 140kg. Focussed hard on early knees all through warmup, does it look any better? (I think these are shallow still).

Main reason for posting is to report some numbness in my left thumb the past few weeks, appears as I do my worksets and persists for a few hours. I've searched the forum and been working on keeping a shelf on the upper back for the bar to rest on, still had some today, any other cues I can try?

YouTube first set
    YouTube third set

Better with the knees. Yes you still need to get deeper and focus on not lifting your chest up out of the bottom. Lean over more and drive your hips up the whole way. Film from the rear 45 degree angle next time - I'd like to see your stance/foot position. Not sure about the numbness thing or why that would happen, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Better with the knees. Yes you still need to get deeper and focus on not lifting your chest up out of the bottom. Lean over more and drive your hips up the whole way. Film from the rear 45 degree angle next time - I'd like to see your stance/foot position. Not sure about the numbness thing or why that would happen, sorry
    Thanks man. BTW the first set is from the rear quarter.

starting strength coach development program
    Ok just watched that. Try turning your toes in a bit more and really concentrate on shoving the knees out HARD. Knees must stay over the toes and if you have to point the toes in a little more to accomplish this then do it. This will also help you reach depth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123