starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I recently posted a video here after having lower-back pain and got the following advice: to lower the bar on my back, use both legs to unrack, look down, and make my back angle more horizontal. I have attempted this, and I my back pain has come back even on a much lower weight. Any advice about my revised form?

Also, this was my form previously:

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Lachlan

Can’t tell from here about bar position but it still looks a little high. A rear 45 shot would be nice. You definitely took it out of the rack weird, and it may be helpful to lower it one notch. You are slamming forward into the bottom. Stand up straight, your knees are bent. Lock em. Stand normally not bent over. When you break, knees go forward and out and your ass goes BACK. You are way into your knees, also, slow down! I know it is light and you’re working up from a deload but reset each rep. Brace your abs hard before each rep. Also, drop your elbows they are cranked

Too add to that your head angle and eye gaze on your second set is too high. Your first set head position was correct, but as soon as you lowered into the squat on your second set you look straight forward and so did your head.