starting strength gym

Thread: Squats

Default Squats

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here’s my last set from Friday’s workout, continuing my LP now. Still working on keeping my head still, oddly enough my eyes don’t move but my neck wants to/does. Also do shoes help with hitting depth every time? Getting some soon, but I’m curious about what they do for the lift exactly.

YouTube

Those look pretty good. I don't exactly see your head position but you probably look too close down. I'd try to imagine a tennis ball under your chin as described in the book.

Shoes with the strap help maintaining a natural foot arch, more surface to stand on which leads to more stability and a little bit of heel raise which will make you use your quads a bit more.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

You need to work on staying tighter and try to maintain a consistent depth. More importantly I'm seeing your knees cave. It's hard to see everything that's going on due to the pants... but I can clearly see it happening on the last rep. Spread your knees out on the way up. Again, I can't see your legs... so that's all the advice I can give you. Good luck.

Stop sitting straight down. You're trying to squat with a vertical back right now. Lean over/shove your hips back.

starting strength coach development program
    So my depth issue it turns out is from me not shoving my knees out at the top- Found that out last night. I always seem to have problems with maintaining tightness specifically thoracic- it’s a work in progress. And Dlk93, I disagree with what you said; At least your wording, Im assuming you mean I need to break at the hips and knees at the same time. It looks like I’m going more horizontal later in the lift. Are any of these issues worth stopping my LP or should I keep going as I correct?