starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift form check plz

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Think about squeezing your chest through your arms while showing your ass to the back walk. Right now you’re lifting your head more than lifting the chest. Keep at it bud

I don't think you're that far off, but just checking, have you read the book? It doesn't look like you're following the recommended setup steps. They may seem a little pedantic, but they've been developed for a reason.
    Here is my favorite how-to video from Austin Baraki. It goes over some common deadlift errors, and gives a thorough review of the setup.

YouTube

YouTube

So went over the videos that were recommended, and yes I have read the book on this sesson I felt like the first rep looked a lot better was trying to focus on lifting chest up and keeping hips back then as the reps went on I got lazy with my low back but the weight started moving faster as my back rounded more I guessing not because that's a more optimal position just because I'm more accustomed to pulling like

Yup. First 2 looked fine and then after that got some flexion going on. What’s 295-305 look like? Remember, sometimes doing it correctly makes it a lot harder at first. A slight deload may be necessary to hammer in good technique

Odd thing is even as I was warming up pretty much the same patter would appear the first 2 looked clean then on the reset at the bottom I would go into flexion a little further each rep, i started doing the laying on the ground flexing low back thing that the book recommends to gain awareness and control of your lower back and that seemed to help. I'll lower the weight next session and really focus on the low back

I don't really think it's the weight that's forcing me to round I believe when I reset at the bottom I have a bad habit of setting my hips lower each rep causing my low back to round and look like a dog taking a shit

Man that sounds just like me! Weight was flying off the ground but it kept on going into flexion after the third. The weight is moving quickly for you! If you can swing it, go see a coach!!! It will be fixed on short order. Once you ‘feel it’ and know what it is and isn’t it’ll just click man!

Rack pulls (a weight that was easy) really helped me out....so that may be an option. I would check out Andy Bakers forum about how to implement that since I’m not a coach, you know? Just trying to help you out since I was in the same boat not too long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    Man that sounds just like me! Weight was flying off the ground but it kept on going into flexion after the third. The weight is moving quickly for you! If you can swing it, go see a coach!!! It will be fixed on short order. Once you ‘feel it’ and know what it is and isn’t it’ll just click man!

Rack pulls (a weight that was easy) really helped me out....so that may be an option. I would check out Andy Bakers forum about how to implement that since I’m not a coach, you know? Just trying to help you out since I was in the same boat not too long ago!
    I'll defiantly check out the Andy Baker forum, also just checked and there is 2 coaches around 2 hours from me so I'm going to try to get a session in relatively soon I figure whatever they charge will be well worth it. Thankyou for the advice I really appreciate it

starting strength coach development program
    Dude that’s perfect. Set it up. You won’t regret it! I know 2 hours seems far, but that’s not too bad. My closest coach is 6 hours. Good luck amigo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12