starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift SSNLP form check

Post Deadlift SSNLP form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    F 36yo 70kg. Over the past few weeks I feel my deadlift form has got away from me and I’ve been a little lost. Have been trying to focus on the set up and cues but it’s just not flowing. I am posting today 80kg - did this for 5 reps 5 days ago but as technique felt borderline decided to repeat today. I was aiming for sets of 3 to see if I could maintain back position better but only did 2 sets of 2 as it felt mega heavy and I was worried about my back/right glute and right quad which were a bit sore. Of note I had worked the night before and had quite interrupted sleep, hoping that was the main obstacle to better lifting! Thanks

1st work set DL 80kg (apologies for vertical filming, had not planned to post this but afterwards thought it might be useful) YouTube

2nd work set DL 80kg - hesitated and failed first pull, had to mentally tell myself to get my act together. YouTube

I would suggest narrowing your stance a little bit and turning your feet out a bit, this will help your knees track better. You will need to get just a bit closer to the bar in this configuration. Work on making your wrists straight (see how your right wrist is bent?) before the pull. Work on making yourself tighter through the pull - a belt and a harder valsalva will help.

As the bar leaves the ground, pull back as well as up.