starting strength gym

Thread: 102.5kg squat & 41kg press form check

Default 102.5kg squat & 41kg press form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    G'day,

Have two lifts I would to have checked out, I hadn't filmed in a while but decided to as my press wasnt going up, filmed it and saw how pov it was, so would appreciate some guidance.

Press is following SS progression, microloading, 3x5.
    Squat, TM with doubles - after stalling numerous times on SS, on intensity day which for the first time in ages is actually driving progress, so I'm going to stick with it.

Squat & Press

Stats:
    Height: 186cm
    Weight: 79.5kg
    Squat done in film: 102.5kg
    Press done in film: 41kg

In before, 'You're underweight, gain some weight', I am currently at a pace that is getting me stronger.

YouTube

Happy you finally posted some videos! As expected, you have some serious technique issues in both your squat and press. Stop doing TM. You’re not an intermediate. Restart your LP. A coach will be of great value for you. Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    Happy you finally posted some videos! As expected, you have some serious technique issues in both your squat and press. Stop doing TM. You’re not an intermediate. Restart your LP. A coach will be of great value for you. Where do you live?
    I really would like a coach but I live in rural south Australia, no where near coaches let alone starting strength coaches.

I'm seriously considering starting online coaching and seeing how it goes.

Gain 15 kg ASAP. When you press you have to aim for your nose with the bar, it’s way out in front.

There is Joe Pemberton in Sydney and I think we just got another one elsewhere?? Maybe others will chime in. If you can go see Joe, do it!! In person will help tremendously and then do online coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    There is Joe Pemberton in Sydney and I think we just got another one elsewhere?? Maybe others will chime in. If you can go see Joe, do it!! In person will help tremendously and then do online coaching
    Yeah I should be able to go sometime in the coming year, but I found a powerlifting gym in Adelaide that offers coaching has quite a few experienced lifters, so I might give them a call and see what they can offer.

starting strength coach development program
    Did you see this?