starting strength gym

Thread: Beginner Squat,Clean,Deadlift Form Check

Default Beginner Squat,Clean,Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    https://startingstrength.com/resourc...derweight.html

YouTube

0:00 - 0:59 - Last 4 reps of last set before lowering weight.
    0:59 - 1:35 - Last 4 reps of last set after lowering weight
    1:36 - 2:42 - Last Set after lowering weight [Front Squats]
    2:43 - 4:07 - Deadlift set before lowering weight
    4:08 - 5:41 - Deadlift set after lowering weight
    5:41 - End - Power Clean Practice Set

Front squats are unnecessary since you can do back squats. Play around with them if you choose after LP is over. If you don't know what LP is I assume you haven't read the book or at least aren't following it.

I don't mean to be insulting but the only time I've seen people as skinny as you are were in the hospital and near death. I guess that must seem insulting but you must eat more than you indicate that you do. Try 4000 calories a day and 200 g of protein.

You don't squat deep enough. Use hips to raise you out of the bottom and not knees.

There is a certified SS coach in London. If you aren't in London you can avail yourself of online coaching. I strongly urge you to avail yourself of one of those options.

Re: Deadlift You have probably started too heavy since your back rounds as soon as you try to lift the weight. Do you have technical plates or bumper plates so you can start with less that 20.5 kg. (135). If so, use them. Start at the point at which you can lift without rounding your back. Go see a certified SS coach, read the book, and/or subscribe to online coaching.

Is my back also rounding at 135? Could you point out specifically which part because I don't really see much rounding myself on the deload, though I might not know where to look.

Yes my gym has 10KG (22Lbs) Olympic bumper plates which are the same diameter as the yellows ones (15KG/33Lbs) as seen in the video. The cleans were done with the 22Lbs plates, is my back also rounding too much during the first part of the clean?

I don't live in the UK, I live in the baltics and getting a certified SS trainer wouldn't be possible sadly.

I meant to write this earlier: It doesn't matter where you start it only matters that you get stronger. Don't get discouraged. Get connected with online coaching, eat more, and keep lifting. You will get stronger. BTW my coach is Dr. Jonathon Sullivan. Look at the online coaching section of this website and sign up with him if he has any slots. He's a great coach and a good man.