starting strength gym

Thread: Incredibad Squat/power clean form needs YOUR critique

Default Incredibad Squat/power clean form needs YOUR critique

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Title. Been following SS since mid September and starting to stall. I suspect I need to eat better but also think my form might be holding me back.

I notice in my squat my knees have a tendency to cave inward, and I suspect I may be going a little lower than I need to be.

YouTube

YouTube

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

re: power clean.

Not the best angle to judge. For what can be seen, IMHO is a decent first power clean.
    You'll get rid of the pause around the knees with practice.
    And you'll add speed as you establish your groove. A very rough rule of thumb is that you start to be fast enough when yout PC lands with a loud 'bang!'. You'll get there, keep going.

Hope this helps,

IPB

Your squats are going a bit too low, try cutting it off just below parallel. Also use the cue "knees out" while you squat to help your caving in problem.
    On your clean it looks pretty good. As you continue doing the movement it will flow together better, currently you lose speed transitioning from the pull into the jump. Due to the upward angle of the camera it makes your rack position look good but you might need your elbows higher (can't really tell from this angle though).
    Keep up the work.