starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Shared album - Kameron Stover - Google Photos

Click the above link to see my latest set of 5 with 345 lbs. It feels pretty good but I'm concerned that maybe my back is not flat enough? I'm trying to lift my chest and flatten my back as much as possible but I think it could be better. Is there an acceptable/expected amount of rounding when you are doing a maximum effort lift?

My hips also feel/look a little high to me, but that's how I end up when I follow the 5-step setup from the book.

Any advice you can give to help get my poundage up would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S: If you are going to offer advice, you should definitely be stronger than me. There's enough weak personal trainers with their own opinions at my gym already.

Your back isn't too bad here. IF it looks like this on lighter reps, you've got a problem. Your hips aren't too bad, but as the set progresses, the bar is getting a little bit further away from you which is impacting your pull. Work on pulling back as you pull up and that will help.

Regarding your PS comment, don't get too full of yourself. There are plenty of coaches on here that may pull less than you but who really know their stuff.

Thanks for your advice, Jeff! I will work on keeping the bar closer.

It's not that I'm full of myself, but you know as well as I do how most "personal trainers" in this world who went to college to be fitness and nutrition experts can't squat their own bodyweight or lose 5 pounds. Knowledge doesn't mean jack if you're incapable of applying it to your own training.