starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello not long into starting the 5x5 programme after many years of doing nothing.

Just looking to see if I’m a million miles away with the squat technique. Sorry about the poor video my room is quite small and it’s hard to position the phone to capture everything.

Appreciate any and all feedback. It’s a low weight 60KG and the only problem I would say is the sides of my back feel a bit stiff/sore after not sure if this is a problem or not.

Thanks.

YouTube

Going for 5x5 after doing nothing can make a person rather sore.

You are too upright in your squats. Stand up at tge top. Squeeze hard, break at the knees and hips simultaneously and immediately bend over and aim your chest at the ground. Your knees should not go much past your toes and the should get there by the time yoy are halfway diwn (use a tubow) and they stay there until you are halfway back up.

Thanks I’ll try the suggestions for next time and try and post a better video. I know what I should be doing in my head and it’s easy to picture but when I’m under the bar I guess I don’t have a good idea yet what my back etc is doing and how vertical I am.