starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check after injury

Default Squat form check after injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey coaches
    First of all I'd like to say that you do an amazing job and I am learning ALOT just by reading your answers in other threads. Your work is very appreciated.

So I started SS some months ago after resetting my squat from 167KG (365lbs) down to about 80KG (175lbs) because of front hip injury and then got to the point where my squat went up pretty easily to 147.5kg*3*5 (325lbs) by the time my injury came again and made me reset agressively all over again.
    This made me recheck my technique and I think the reason for this is that I used to let my knees travel forward in the bottom of the squat.
    Anyway, Im now back on NLP and my last squat workout was 135*3*5 (300lbs) which went up pretty easy.
    The prolem is that I still can seem to get my knees in the right position and keep them there. I'm afraid that this will cause injury later and I will have to start all over again for the third time.

I'd really like my technique to be checked.
    Thanks in advance!

YOUTUBE

Can't seem to find out how to edit the main post and somehow I forgot to write my age, weight etc..
    So I'm 22yo, weight 83kg (182lbs) and 179cm tall.

Although this isn't the best angle for feedback, here's what I see:

PROUD Chest. King Kong chest.
    Get your knees set earlier.
    Push your hips back. You can see how you're coming forward in the bottom. That's a product of the knees coming forward late and not keeping bent over and keeping your hips back.

Keep at it.