starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My squats sucks

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Start by taking 2 videos. One from the rear oblique and one from directly behind you. An in person examination is the gold standard (taking all the bones out and measuring them individually is the platinum standard, but that's highly inconvenient), but there are some pretty decent telltale signs of LLD's that can be seen from the back.
    OK my wife has volunteered to be cameraman next week. A friend of mine has a YouTube account, but is away for a couple of weeks, I can get him to upload it. I will just post it generally, not in the specific coaches section. Anyone can then chime in then.

"Taking all the bones out" there are a few on this section that probably would want to do just that, in order to prove I'm not someone from 'the other place'. :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    So the consensus is I had better film myself.
    Strongly seconded.

IPB

If you ain't checking your form, YNDTP. I found this out the hard way, didn't film anything for years. Got hurt, started filming and realised my form was not quite as good as I thought it were. Nowhere near in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris76 View Post
    IMHO, I don't see anything glaringly wrong with this squat.
    Maybe the stance is a tad too wide, a couple of inches tops.
    Also, you might want to get a prouder chest; you see to stoop just a little under the bar; big chest, push it up and out before every descent, and keep it there.

Let's see what more experienced squat commenters have to say.

IPB

At this point I am just wondering if I should just program without squats. I haven't done anything other than bodyweight and broomstick squats in months now and my knee pain really hasn't gone away . I am hopeing it eventually heals and I didn't really fuck my knees up at this point. Never ever had any knee problems till I tryed squatting for about eight weeks. Maybe it was my form but I posted form videos and didn't get much feedback as far as what could be the problem with my knees. A lot of people said get sleeves but it's been months since I ve squatted anything other than bodyweight and my knees still hurt, pretty much all the time. I hate to admitt it but I am starting to think about forgetting lifting weights. It's sad cus as a youngster I really enjoyed lifting. I just figured it would be a healty way to hobby and blow off steam and look and feel better about myself. I am curious how many lifters struggle with knee pain from squats. I know muscle adapts but from my understanding is that joints are more likely to wear out than adapt if things aren't done correctly. I don't know but I am starting to feel like the best thing I could do is just forget about squats and hope I didn't really do damage.

At this point I am just wondering if I should just program without squats. I haven't done anything other than bodyweight and broomstick squats in months now and my knee pain really hasn't gone away . I am hopeing it eventually heals and I didn't really fuck my knees up at this point. Never ever had any knee problems till I tryed squatting for about eight weeks. Maybe it was my form but I posted form videos and didn't get much feedback as far as what could be the problem with my knees. A lot of people said get sleeves but it's been months since I ve squatted anything other than bodyweight and my knees still hurt, pretty much all the time. I hate to admitt it but I am starting to think about forgetting lifting weights. It's sad cus as a youngster I really enjoyed lifting. I just figured it would be a healty way to hobby and blow off steam and look and feel better about myself. I am curious how many lifters struggle with knee pain from squats. I know muscle adapts but from my understanding is that joints are more likely to wear out than adapt if things aren't done correctly. I don't know but I am starting to feel like the best thing I could do is just forget about squats and hope I didn't really do damage.
    Why have you not seen a coach yet? Online form checking leaves much to be desired. You need to GO SEE A COACH. And why have you not seen a doctor to make sure your knees are not fucked up?

I ve wanted to go to a coach for my squats at the very least but there are none in my area . At least not Starting Strength coach. There are some cross fit gyms around here but you know there gonna tell me to high bar or goblet squat. I eventually may see a doctor but they probably will tell me to stop squatting and that squats are hard in the knees. I may go see a doctor tho. I actually worked out today with some light squats, overhead press and chin ups. See how my knees feel tomorrow , I ll be on my feet all day at work and I guess we will take it from there.

I would have already see an SSC if there was one around here. Money is tight now but I though about going one state over cus it would be about a three or four hour drive to a SS gym, but that's what I may do eventually .

starting strength coach development program
    I would have already see an SSC if there was one around here. Money is tight now but I though about going one state over cus it would be about a three or four hour drive to a SS gym, but that's what I may do eventually .
    If this broke ass graduate student can find a way to budget and drive six hours to go see a coach, you can too. You need some in person coaching to help you out. It’s well worth it. Seriously.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234