starting strength gym

Thread: SQUAT FORM CHECK (if you dare)

Default SQUAT FORM CHECK (if you dare)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello all,

I am 31 y/o male, 6'2" and 215 lbs. Intermediate lifter, currently doing an HLM. Over the past few (2-3) weeks I have been experiencing left hip pain (dull ache) several hours after squatting, it then subsides slightly up till the next training session. Possible adductor tendonitis? Who cares.

to the point...

315X5X3 today on Medium Day

View 1 Rear at 45 degrees-ish

YouTube

View 2 Front at 45 degrees-ish

YouTube

Thanks to all of you in advance, you're great, just great

You're a little rushed. Go ahead and take a moment at the top of each one to take your breath, get your valsalva, and tighten up. Your knees are a touch wobbly - see if getting tighter and more controlled will fix that. If not, use a tubow for a bit to remind yourself of where to hold your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    You're a little rushed. Go ahead and take a moment at the top of each one to take your breath, get your Valsalva, and tighten up. Your knees are a touch wobbly - see if getting tighter and more controlled will fix that. If not, use a tubow for a bit to remind yourself of where to hold your knees.
    Thanks, Jeff,

I have noticed that I am a bit rushed on my non-heavy-squat days. And, I agree my knees, especially my right knee, has a case of wobbles. These things have reasons, none of which are important.

I will be using the TUBOW next session (Thursday).Would you think that the right side is the only side requiring a good TUBOWing? Also, in theory, keeping my right knee back would increase the moment on the left side, the side that hurts, does this seem correct?

Tubow both sides or you run the risk of forgetting the other side. It's not just keeping them back, but also out over the feet as you knock in and out some.