starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knee slide

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCripples View Post
    Thank you for your help,do you see any knee slide at the bottom?
    That's the main problem I'm trying to correct
    Well, I don't think that could be called a knee slide but you definitely need to place those knees in correct position sooner. Knee slide is usually something associated with loosing tightness or going too deep.

Got it.How can I be sure I'm pushing my knees my forward in time without pushing them foward too much?

Got it.How can I be sure I'm pushing my knees my forward in time without pushing them foward too much?
    Knees should be in place at 1/3 of the movement. This is stated in the book and is obviously extremely arbitrary. I'd say there's no need for concern if they're traveling forward a bit longer like 1/2 or 3/5, but then again, you should try to do what the books says.

See how your knees aren't moving forward at the beginning of the descent? That's the root of your problem. Knees have to move early, or they will move late.

So my knee slide is caused by the fact that I don't set my knees early enough.
    I've tried thinking about "knees out",should I try to cue knees forward?

So my knee slide is caused by the fact that I don't set my knees early enough.
    I've tried thinking about "knees out",should I try to cue knees forward?
    Out AND forward.

So,
    I've spent about a week trying to metabolize the cues I've been given by you guys,but I really have a problem understanding knee position and travel,would you kindly help me out?
    I feel extremely frustrated and kinda dumb,actually.
    YouTube

I recently started moving hips before knees. I asked my Coach why it was important to initiate the descent with simultaneous knee and hip movement. His short answer was the weight necessarily will move away from a balanced mid-foot placement. Try a gross exaggeration by shoving your butt back with locked knees. See how far forward of your toes the bar ends up? Now my internal cue for the initial descent is "balanced bar" which gets my knees to bending at the same time as hips. I like Coach Schudt's "jump" cue too

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post

Try this: Jump.

Just do it. Don't think about it. A nice deep jump.

Now, notice how your hips went back, your knees came forward, and your chest came down, all at the same time? That's exactly what we want in the squat. Your knees are not coming forward at the very beginning of the squat. .......

starting strength coach development program
    The problem is I feel really balanced squatting that way,if anythig now that I'm pushing my knees out and forward I feel too upright.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12