starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6’2” / 190 deadlift form check

Default 6’2” / 190 deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube
    hello guys! so ive been having trouble with my form since the start. it doesnt matter the weight i cant actually maintain neutral spine when even setting up for deadlift. i applied marks 5 steps and even allan thrall and cant seem to correct my back even at setup. is this due to flexibility/ mobility? weak hamstrings? plz help before snap. idk what to do

Interestingly, you actually get your back into better extension on the way down - so you can clearly get it into extension, you just aren't doing so. Lift your chest hard, like until your face hurts, before you pull. Get a video closer to you, it may also help to adjust your stance, but it's hard to say from here. But, regardless, you can clearly do this, you just need to make yourself work harder at it.

hello! i hear you perfectly. the thing with chest is that if i try to lift it up my hips wilm go down :/

Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Where do you live?
    puerto rico

Well, if we could get you in front of a coach, it could be fixed pretty quick by some judicious jabbing of some of your muscles. Anyway, keep working on it - get a video that's closer so we can see your stance and grip width. It may also help some to go without the belt; sometimes those wide-back belts make things feel different than they really are.

theres no coach around here sadly not even a lot of people deadlift here. i will post a vid when i can next time. lastly, did my set looked horrible tho?

I wouldn't say it was horrible, it just wasn't right. You've got all the pieces there, they just need to be put in the right order.

thanks! lastly, since i noticed i do this in all weights (even at 135) is it possible to fix this at current weight? (190)?

starting strength coach development program
    I think so, yes, but you're going to have to work hard at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast