starting strength gym

Thread: squat form check/ low back pain

Default squat form check/ low back pain

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Hey SS coaches I need a second opinion on my form. Here are 2 videos from the back and front. I have 2 questions mainly, from the side view are my knees sliding too much on the way back up and on the back view does one leg look longer than the other?
    My biggest challenge is excessive low back tightness ( pain) from the start of warm ups with just the bar to heavy work sets with a belt.

First video is unavailable.
    Second video your stance is too wide.

Hope this one will work sorry and thank you for replying! Anymore advice is greatly appreciated!

here is a better quality

Try to record the video at around a 45 degree angle. It's hard to judge from directly in front or directly from the side but it looks like you're not sitting back far enough or bending over enough which results in your knees coming forward and your hamstrings losing tension. It also looks like the weight is shifting onto your toes at the bottom which, if that is happening, would be fixed by you sitting further back into your hips, bending over more, and concentrating on balancing over the middle of your foot the entire time. From the back view video, your stance is too wide, your toes should probably be angled out a little bit more, and the big thing that you should work on is pushing your knees out in line with your feet although that might happen automatically when you narrow your stance a little.

starting strength coach development program
    Also just noticed your grip is really really wide.