starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello from Sweden!

4 months of LP going really well but I feel that I am struggling with the squat form on heavier weights and I have also started to feel some pain in the elbows, like Golfers Elbow. I guess that I have some form issues and would really appreciate some advice here on the forum, being far away from attending a Squat Camp (but close to the book SS and forum).

So, question 1: How is my form in general?
    Question 2: Is the form connected to the Golfers Elbow and if so, what to change?

Video 1

Video 2

Many thanks in advance!

Narrow your stance about one foot's width. Lock out at the top. You are raising your elbows too high - watch the squat grip video and read Bill Hannon's thoracic extension article. Don't look in the mirror.

Thank you very much Jeff!

I have earlier seen the video and read the article you are referring to, but will have to do it again and keep training and improving. I believe stiffness in my upper body hinders me quite alot and I must work on that. Any streching tips are welcome!

I think practice with the lifts will help more than most stretching will. If you do stretch, do it on the days that you don't lift.