Quote Originally Posted by Iksan Ismailov View Post
Dude if my hips were too low they would be shooting up when I initiate the lift. If my hips get higher than this I would be more horizontal, shoulders more in front of the bar and bar not just under the scapula which would be non-advantageous position.

I agree with the gaze position though. I'm a kinda looking very close to me.
Quote Originally Posted by andersonoo7 View Post
Raising your hips will create a more vertical shin angle which will, in turn, pull your shins back from the bar. This IS not advantageous, as you state, as you'll create a larger moment arm. However, setting your stance closer to the bar initially should reduce this and keep your shoulders from being too far in front of the bar when you initiate the pull. less desirable is go through your setup as you have been, raise hips and pull bar back to where your shins have moved to.

I do agree that your hips don't appear to be shooting up out of the bottom, however.
Quote Originally Posted by Iksan Ismailov View Post
I don't mean to be disrespectful but I have no idea what you're talking about. My shoulders are not far in front of the bar when I initiate the pull. They are just slightly forward of the bar and the bar is staying right under my scapula. I set the bar over mid-foot and push the floor. Bar stays in contact with my legs all the way up, after it has passed my knees I extend my hips and finish the lift.
My shins are not vertical, during my set-up they travel forward and in order to have room to extend them (push the floor) a more horizontal shin angle is needed which is what you see in my video.
No disrespect taken... isn't this supposed to be a place of constructive conversation, after all?

In your first quote above you state if you raise your hips in your current setup, you'd be more horizontal and your shoulders would then pass too far in front of the bar. I completely agree with this in my response (see above). Raising your hips without making your shins more vertical WILL push your shoulders too far forward (I could have been clearer on this in my response) or push your back into lumbar and/or thoracic extension to maintain balance.

Yes, your shins are not vertical. In my opinion, however, I believe they should be more vertical than they are. This will allow you to keep your hips high. In relation to the floor, the angle of the shin is created at the ankle joint. In order for the shin angle, relative to the floor to change, we must plantar-flex the foot at the ankle. I feel this is wasted effort in the deadlift if the shin angle relative to the floor is too great. We might as well be squatting, then. Remember, squats are for the legs; deadlifts are for the back (even though they both get trained in both lifts).

At any rate, I digress... your initial question was in regard to the eccentric portion of the lift and I've not addressed that one time so far. I think it looks good, but like David mentioned, the decent may degrade with higher intensity and volume.