starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check after restarting LP

Default Squat form check after restarting LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I'm restarting my LP after 2 months off, now with squat shoes and trying to do things right. This is my last squat set: YouTube

Any thoughts?

Sorry about filming vertical, my camera sucks and I can't fit the frame using horizontal.

Not too bad!
    Three things to adjust. 1) Lower the hooks one notch. They are too high and when the weight gets heavy, re-racking will be horrific. 2) Your knees are getting too far forward and they are moving forward too late. Use a tubow to get used to stopping your knees just a hair in front of your toes and make sure they are done movimg forward by the time you're halfway down. 3) Don't let your head move around. You're head banging as you get tired near the end.

These look pretty good. You're a little loose when you initially unrack and the first rep may have been just barely above parallel but didn't really notice much else.

Thank you for the answers.

I know TUBOW would be the best fix for the knee problem but I can't use it at the moment, so I'm just thinking about setting the knees early, just in front of the toes, and freezing them in place while I get to the bottom.

About the hooks, I tried to lower them one notch but they get too low, just about the bottom of my sternum.