starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hallo, ive been doing somekind of LP in the Squat for 2 months now having no previous experience and i would appreciate some feedback regarding my form.
    iam 33 years old ,weight 90kg (198lbs)
    weight on the bar is 78kg(171 lbs)

About depth iam not sure if thats enough ,
    During 3rd set i felt the weight shifting on my toes.
    Thanx in advance

You're really getting forward onto your toes both at the bottom, heels consistently coming up off the floor and sometimes during the drive up. Stay on the middle of your foot the entire time by keeping your knees and hips further back and not letting them slide forward or letting your knees cave in at the bottom or during the ascent. Yes, you're depth is about 1-2 inches too high.

Adding to KangaJoo, narrow your stance aboit three inches. Also, resist the urge to lift your head. Read Bill Hannon's thoracic extension article.

thanx for the feedback guys.

Hallo, i been progressing my LP in the Squat and i recorded my self again today , would appreciate some feedback.

Let me try and critique my form having in mind the previous feedback you guys gave:

1)regarding depth i need more
    2)there is some elevation of the heel not as bad as the first form check but still, this means that the weight is not in the middle of the foot, but iam not sure maybe iam over analyzing it.
    3) regarding stance as mentined by Jeff Illingworth previously i think my stance is more narrow
    4) regarding thoracic extension i think i have improved but iam not sure.
    5) i also wanna add that the weight felt more stable in my upper back when i compare it with 3 months ago , i dont feel my hands do much stabilization work to do , and my golfers elbow is almost nonexistant

starting strength coach development program
    Knees out HARD. The lower part of your left leg should look vertical. That will help with depth.