starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ran LP and Texas method last spring/summer. Highest set was 1x5 at 370 on TM intensity day. Got busy at work and training got put on the back burner. I have been running LP again and this is today’s 3rd set at 325. My form really broke down between 370-380 last time and I stalled out. I would like to get that fixed and push up to 400.

YouTube

Please rotate your video before posting next time.

Your stance is too narrow and your toes need to be turned out more. You're getting into your knees too much. Stop their forward travel sooner.

Here is a warm up set at 185 and my last work set at 260 (%80 of Monday). I incorporated a light Wednesday this week because the weights are getting pretty heavy for me. It felt like I widened my stance an inch or 2. Probably could go a little more. Feels like I’m rocking forward when I hit the bottom causing my knees to come forward. Do I just need to focus on pushing my knees out harder and sit my butt back more? Hope my video is in the right orientation. I’m new to this

YouTube

YouTube

Yes, although you're already doing a decent job keeping your knees out so I'd focus more on getting your hips back.

Oh, and rack the bar with your feet in line with each other instead of staggered, same as how you unrack it but in reverse.

Widen the feet and stop lifting your head.

Here is my final set at 330x5 from today. Widened my stance and focused on sitting my butt back and keeping my head down. Still notice my knees coming forward at the bottom but less than before. Thinking maybe I should deload and try to focus on this because it feels awkward trying to change form issues at a heavy weight for myself. What are your thoughts? I also got a nice 4 inch belt that felt amazing compared to the cheap ones supplied at the gym.
    YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Backed the weight down to 275 this morning and did 5x3. Still had knee slide in the bottom. Ended with a set of 5 at 135 using a foam roller as a tubow. Looks better at the lower weight. Pretty frustrating when I go into the set thinking about setting the knees, but just can’t do it. I’m thinking I will just start an LP starting with whatever weight I move using a tubow.
    YouTube