starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squat form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    These are definitely improving, Fernando. I went back to the first set of videos and saw how much we've fixed since then (narrower stance, knees out, toes in, bar placement, head still, elbows still). Much better.

Many people who don't know the SS squat model will tell you to look up. Ignore them.

I still think tightness is the key for you. You can be even tighter.

And, while your first squat videos were all high, as tfranc said above, I think you should try to go a little LESS deep now- from here it looks like you could stop 2 cm higher and still be just below parallel. Try that. This may help with the tightness.

If I was there with you, I might suggest some 3-0-3 tempo squats during your warm-up sets (3 seconds down, 3 seconds up, no pause at the bottom). They give you a chance to really focus on staying tight as you approach the bottom and as you drive up.

Press: Still looks like the bar rolls back in your hands, and it even looks like you do a bulldog grip with your right hand, but not the left. The bar should be sitting on top of the squishy pads of your hand down by your wrist, not way up in your fingers. It also looks like you are performing the hip-thrust movement with your lumbar spine instead of your hips, which comes down to getting.... MORE TIGHT.

Deadlift: You're still dropping your hips right as you finish the "squeezing chest up" step. Also, you're spending far too much time down there. Not that I'm a perfect example, but I do all 5 reps in about :30 seconds once I'm bent over. It took you 1:30 to do 4 reps. If the issue is slippery hands, get some chalk- it did wonders for me.

That means a lot thank you Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_paddler View Post
    If I was there with you, I might suggest some 3-0-3 tempo squats during your warm-up sets (3 seconds down, 3 seconds up, no pause at the bottom). They give you a chance to really focus on staying tight as you approach the bottom and as you drive up.
    Definetly going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing_paddler View Post
    Deadlift: You're still dropping your hips right as you finish the "squeezing chest up" step. Also, you're spending far too much time down there. Not that I'm a perfect example, but I do all 5 reps in about :30 seconds once I'm bent over. It took you 1:30 to do 4 reps. If the issue is slippery hands, get some chalk- it did wonders for me.
    nah i was just being a pussy i was scared of missing it

Also this time i loosed the belt one point and it felt better ¨filling my belly with air¨, definetly have to work on being tight like you said, i will do my best to fix that

This one looks embarasing XD... but i steel feel bad in my back so asked for spot just in case

Hi guys, what do you think of my form after some time?

first set

last set

Thank you for your help

Hi guys, I had a severe back pain that extended to the leg about three months ago that did not let me do squats or heavy deadlifts, and I'm trying to progress with light weight, I have detected that my hip is going to the side both in the squat and in the deadlift, I do not know if it can be due to an asymmetry in the legs or hip, I put the videos of my last squat sets if you could say what you think

vhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-QzdwcKNb8

starting strength coach development program

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123