starting strength gym

Thread: Nic Form Check

Default Nic Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Please have a look at my form.

Deadlift: You're too far from the bar by about an inch. Don't let the bar move when you tighten your back (don't drop your hips, which is causing your shins to push the bar away). Set the bar down faster.

Press: I can't tell what all is going on here as we can only see the top 1/3 of you. You are certainly not tight enough and you're collapsing too much when the bar comes down. Stay super tight and take a second in the bottom position to get tight, pull your elbows back into position, etc. Oh, and don't look in the mirror.

Squats: Get way tighter. Sit back much more on the descent and stop sooner (you're too deep). Use a tubow to get used to your knee tracking correctly. Widen your stance about half a foot's width.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    Deadlift: You're too far from the bar by about an inch. Don't let the bar move when you tighten your back (don't drop your hips, which is causing your shins to push the bar away). Set the bar down faster.

Press: I can't tell what all is going on here as we can only see the top 1/3 of you. You are certainly not tight enough and you're collapsing too much when the bar comes down. Stay super tight and take a second in the bottom position to get tight, pull your elbows back into position, etc. Oh, and don't look in the mirror.

Squats: Get way tighter. Sit back much more on the descent and stop sooner (you're too deep). Use a tubow to get used to your knee tracking correctly. Widen your stance about half a foot's width.
    Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my form!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post

Jeff, how could you tell he is too far from the bar in the deadlift? What was the pointer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickydekker View Post

In your second squat video your upper body is too vertical. I think you have the bar a bit too high on your back. I also have the feeling your holding the bar upon your back with your wrist instead of pinning it.

With the deadlift
    Every next rep you're out of position. That makes the bar move. Look at the moment you put the bar down. Your rounding your back which makes your knees and hips go up.

starting strength coach development program
    thanks, Şenol im very great full Iv tried your advise and I fell like its helped alot.