starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - 2 reps

Default Squat form check - 2 reps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

Filmed my last set with the intent of a full 5 but ended up bailing after gassing out.

Not a set of 5, but please review my squat form if possible.

Break at the knees and hips simultaneously. Right now you're doing hips then knees. The lighting makes it a little hard to see the depth but it looks fine to me. I have a similar problem of breaking at the hips first although this caused my knees to shoot way forward at the bottom which ended up causing some hip flexor tendonitis. I've been fixing this by using TUBOW. May be worth a shot for you if you can't consciously fix the motor pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn1993 View Post
    Break at the knees and hips simultaneously.
    Just fix that and you'll be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn1993 View Post
    Break at the knees and hips simultaneously. Right now you're doing hips then knees. The lighting makes it a little hard to see the depth but it looks fine to me. I have a similar problem of breaking at the hips first although this caused my knees to shoot way forward at the bottom which ended up causing some hip flexor tendonitis. I've been fixing this by using TUBOW. May be worth a shot for you if you can't consciously fix the motor pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Just fix that and you'll be golden.
    Thank you both. I've done TUBOW in the past (successfully) but may be worth another try to make sure I keep my knees in the correct spot while working on my descent. I'll just have to work on that timing.

Thanks again.