starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check! *HIP SHIFT ALERT

Default Squat Form Check! *HIP SHIFT ALERT

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Dear all, it would mean a lot to me if you can help me check out the form of my squats. I filmed it from two angles( side and back). I have been experiencing hips shift and butt wink since day 1 of the training and these few days, my knees felt Super painful as well!
    My height is 183cm, weight is 73kg.

The link is YouTube

You only included the video from the side angle. Anyway, your biggest problems right now are that you have the bar in the high bar position (or at least that's what it looks like from this angle) and that you aren't getting your back in full extension. Fix your bar placement and try to get your back in full extension and then send another video. This video might help you set your back better YouTube

6’-0” and 160 lbs isn’t helping you, either.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckedknees View Post
    my knees felt Super painful as well!
    My height is 183cm, weight is 73kg.
    Right now you're not using your hips correctly at all. This is likely partly due to the bar position pointed out by KangaJoo, but it probably also involved your mental model of the squat -- you're front squatting your squat. It's a common problem, but the good news is that there are a lot of resources on this site that can help you fix it. The trick is finding something that can help over a distance (hard) vs having a coach (easy) to help.

You need to bend over and reach back with your hips. Have a look at this video.