starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspiring SSC in the NH/Mass Area.

Default Aspiring SSC in the NH/Mass Area.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Guys!

My name is Tyler Austin. I am an aspiring SSC located in Milford NH. If you are in the NH/Mass area and are looking for a coach, whether that be full time coaching or just want to drop by for a form check, I would be more than happy to help you.

If you are not in the area but still want coaching and you don't have an SSC in your area and can't afford SSOC; I would be more than happy to coach you via online.

If you are interested, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Everyone!

Who did you train under?

Given these posts begging for clients are the sum total of your contribution to the forums, I’ll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    Given these posts begging for clients are the sum total of your contribution to the forums, I’ll pass.
    Well, there are a couple others. That's said, Iiaf has a point. How about you start a training log, Tyler?

I have been coached by Jayson Ball for a year and a half now through SSOC.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Who did you train under?
    I have been coached by Jayson Ball for a year and a half now through SSOC.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Well, there are a couple others. That's said, Iiaf has a point. How about you start a training log, Tyler?
    Well, I already video every training session and give a very detailed training log to my coach (Jayson B) Via Fitbot (SSOC). I also maintain a very detailed physical training log. Both of which are time comsuming. If I were to start yet another training log on the SS forum, it would make it even more time consuming. Further, what benefit would there be to maintaining a log on the forum? If people are really that interested in my training log, they can message me and ask. I would be more than happy to converse about it if someone is that interested.

Also, whether or not an individual posts training logs on a internet forum doesn't represent the coaching competency (or lack thereof) of the individual. If someone questions the competency of a coach because they do not post a training log on a particular internet forum, then I don't know what to tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1791 View Post
    Also, whether or not an individual posts training logs on a internet forum doesn't represent the coaching competency (or lack thereof) of the individual. If someone questions the competency of a coach because they do not post a training log on a particular internet forum, then I don't know what to tell them.
    I was more referring to you providing no current coaching of form checks - which abound with both small and large issues - as a question of competency.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    I was more referring to you providing no current coaching of form checks - which abound with both small and large issues - as a question of competency.
    I am much more active on the SS FB page Bill Hannon started for form checks, programming questions, etc... It's very active with people posting and a generally easier/more convenient platform for not only the lifter, but also for the people giving form checks. It's also much easier to use on a phone as well.

starting strength coach development program
    I am much more active on the SS FB page Bill Hannon started for form checks, programming questions, etc... It's very active with people posting and a generally easier/more convenient platform for not only the lifter, but also for the people giving form checks. It's also much easier to use on a phone as well.
    what benefit would there be to maintaining a log on the forum?
    You ought to realize that not everyone on this forum is on that Facebook page, and certainly not everyone here is going to cross check your identity between this forum and that Facebook page.

Also, no one here knows that you video / record everything or whatever or that you train with Jayson.

What people do know is that you've posted the same thread like 5 times now and don't really respond to any replies on those threads (save this one). I assume people PM you but as an average user I can't be sure. The only coaching you've done on this forum is a one-liner on a single squat form check thread.

I'm not saying you're not legitimately trying to recruit people, but all these things combined are why ultimately you may be perceived as desperate / fake / trolling. Starting a Training Log on this site is a solution to that. Let people know what you're lifting, what programming you're doing, nutrition, etc. i.e. that you know what you're doing and are a real person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast