starting strength gym

Thread: DL Form Check

Default DL Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    To whomever's got the conn: Second set of eyes appreciated. Wanted a look at the squat and bench, too, but the camera is still silly-buggers so I won't give you that headache.

Working set of 5 deadlifts at 350# from today at YouTube

Final lock-in at 21 seconds if you get bored waiting.

What I notice:

1) My head/neck isn't neutral. Need to normalize my gazepoint. Easy fix I think.

2) I see my toes wiggle at the top of every rep. I don't recall feeling this during the set, so ... not sure what to do about that? Not sure if something needs to be done?

Blessings and thanks for your time.

G

I'm not an SSC but these look good to me. The only thing I see is that you're taking a breath at the top of the rep. As a result it looks like you're loosing a bit of tightness at the top of the rep. Stay tight for the entire rep and take your breath at the bottom get tight again and pull.

Bar path steady, bar speed quick, looks like you locked out correctly without over-exaggerating. Kept your back nice and tight and straight, pulled close to your center. All very good.

I don't know how I feel about you breathing at the top of the rep, like Buckeyeguy says, but I wouldn't worry about the gaze or toe wiggle as long as neither lead to exaggerated issues. That was very much a wiggle, and your foot didn't appear to come off the floor, so I didn't see anything I'd redlight in a competition.

Thanks, gents.

That second-breath at the top; that all started because a) I feel like I need air, and b) I've tweaked myself coming down from the rep non-tight. So what you're seeing is my MacGyver-esque attempt to satisfy conditions of getting breath while still coming down tight.

I'll see if I really do have the breath to hold and come back down tight all in one go. I might just be babying myself.