starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aspiring SSC in the NH/Mass Area.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1791 View Post
    Well, I already video every training session and give a very detailed training log to my coach (Jayson B) Via Fitbot (SSOC). I also maintain a very detailed physical training log. Both of which are time comsuming. If I were to start yet another training log on the SS forum, it would make it even more time consuming. Further, what benefit would there be to maintaining a log on the forum? If people are really that interested in my training log, they can message me and ask. I would be more than happy to converse about it if someone is that interested.

Also, whether or not an individual posts training logs on a internet forum doesn't represent the coaching competency (or lack thereof) of the individual. If someone questions the competency of a coach because they do not post a training log on a particular internet forum, then I don't know what to tell them.
    Adorable. You're missing the point: you have no history here. If you don't bother to develop one no one is going to start taking you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    I'm not saying you're not legitimately trying to recruit people, but all these things combined are why ultimately you may be perceived as desperate / fake / trolling. Starting a Training Log on this site is a solution to that. Let people know what you're lifting, what programming you're doing, nutrition, etc. i.e. that you know what you're doing and are a real person.
    A real name and getting verified wouldn't hurt either.

But here I go, continuing with the Obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    But here I go, continuing with the Obvious.
    Sometimes that helps. Most of the time, it will go unheard, but sometimes someone just has to read it or hear it out loud from someone else to actually understand and internalize it.

"How do I get more clients? It's almost like 20 year olds don't want coaching or something."

Wife: "You realize that 20 year olds can't afford you, right? They already have no money, so you either need to charge them nothing or change your market."

Me: "... That is all making very good sense."
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Hey Guys!

My name is Tyler Austin. I am an aspiring SSC located in Milford NH. If you are in the NH/Mass area and are looking for a coach, whether that be full time coaching or just want to drop by for a form check, I would be more than happy to help you.

If you are not in the area but still want coaching and you don't have an SSC in your area and can't afford SSOC; I would be more than happy to coach you via online.

If you are interested, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks Everyone!
    Are you charging for this service?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Are you charging for this service?
    Not currently. I don't charge any of my current clients for coaching. In the near future, I will have to charge new clients a small amount just to help make up for my cost of coaching (mainly insurance and such). Coaching for free or for a small fee is not only good for me (general coaching experience) but it's also good for those who are on a limited budget and cannot afford an SSC or SSOC, which are most of my current clients. All of which are very satisfied.

As for teenagers and 20 somethings that were, for some reason, brought up on this. I honestly don't think it is as much as a financial barrier as it is a general apothy barrier. Sure, most teenagers/20-somethings probably could not afford an SSC. However, I think the biggest thing with that population is that they just don't care enough or value it enough. They say they can't afford it, but these same kids will run off and dump thousands of dollars into a new Iphone or into their obnoxiously loud, 25 year old VW. At that age they don't value a competent coach. Of course, there are exceptions. Like myself, I am in my early 20s and I have been with SSOC almost since they launched. It's very expensive for me. But I value it enough to do what I need to do to afford it. People put their money into what they see as valuable/important.

starting strength coach development program
    Not currently. I don't charge any of my current clients for coaching. In the near future, I will have to charge new clients a small amount just to help make up for my cost of coaching (mainly insurance and such). Coaching for free or for a small fee is not only good for me (general coaching experience) but it's also good for those who are on a limited budget and cannot afford an SSC or SSOC, which are most of my current clients. All of which are very satisfied.

As for teenagers and 20 somethings that were, for some reason, brought up on this. I honestly don't think it is as much as a financial barrier as it is a general apothy barrier. Sure, most teenagers/20-somethings probably could not afford an SSC. However, I think the biggest thing with that population is that they just don't care enough or value it enough. They say they can't afford it, but these same kids will run off and dump thousands of dollars into a new Iphone or into their obnoxiously loud, 25 year old VW. At that age they don't value a competent coach. Of course, there are exceptions. Like myself, I am in my early 20s and I have been with SSOC almost since they launched. It's very expensive for me. But I value it enough to do what I need to do to afford it. People put their money into what they see as valuable/important.
    So are you changing your username, getting verified, and starting a Training Log here so that people in this forum realize you’re a legitimate coach?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12