starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift problems

Default Deadlift problems

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi.

I recently posted form check thread for squat and received great feedback. I have some issues with deadlift as well, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I recently got up to 110 kilos and felt that my back is too round and that I do not setup correctly.

After that I re-read the deadlift chapter, watched all 5-step setup videos I could find and then deloaded.

I am still not sure if I setup correctly. I think my back is not flat enough, but it's the best position I can get even after much squeezing.

Thanks in advance.

You are way out over the bar, which means you are on your toes when you start to pull. Either stay mid foot in your setup (push your knees back when you take your grip) or implement step 4.5 from the book (rock back to mid foot pre pull). See video below.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Franklin View Post
    You are way out over the bar, which means you are on your toes when you start to pull. Either stay mid foot in your setup (push your knees back when you take your grip) or implement step 4.5 from the book (rock back to mid foot pre pull). See video below.
    Adam, thank you bery much.

Today I focused on pushing knees back during setup and I think managed to get better back postion.

Please take a look. Is this an acceptable form?