starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slanted squats helppp!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A little pedantic note; would it possible to place the camera level (both views)? I think it would help giving feedback.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by IlPrincipeBrutto View Post
    A little pedantic note; would it possible to place the camera level (both views)? I think it would help giving feedback.

IPB
    Sure, the latest form check video is filmed in two different angles. Check them out!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckedknees View Post
    Sure, the latest form check video is filmed in two different angles. Check them out!
    Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly, so let me try again.
    Let's take the side view.
    In the video, the safety bar of the rack appears tilted (or slanted, to use a term you like). This means the camera is not level; if it was, the safety bar would appear horizontal.

If the camera is tilted, it's more difficult to see what your position and angles are relative to the floor; it makes even judging if you are hitting depth harder. It's difficult enough to give feedback on someone's squat, without having to mentally rotate the video.

So, please, make sure your camera is level, and in a position relevant to the question you are asking. For example, if you think your squat tilts on a side, a level, dead-rear, full view is better than a three-quarter, slanted one.

IPB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12