starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check, please

Default Deadlift form check, please

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is last night @ 225 lbs. My untrained eyes aren't seeing many real issues here, but I'm sure they're there.

I'm trying to make sure to really dial in form because (and I know this is comedy to most) the weight is already starting to feel really heavy to me.

YouTube

Thanks in advance!

Put shoes on. You can decide to not use them later. For now, they are a benefit.

You do a good job keeping your back together and squeezing the bar off of the floor. I'd say work a little harder on pushing the floor away at the start of the pull, but otherwise these look not bad.

Make sure you don't break your knees before the bar passes them on the way down.

Sandwiches.

Thank you for the input!

I took the shoes off a few sessions ago because when I finish my setup with them on, my back is very close to completely horizontal, and unless I misunderstood, the general advice was to not wear raised shoes in this case. Is this not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodor View Post
    Thank you for the input!

I took the shoes off a few sessions ago because when I finish my setup with them on, my back is very close to completely horizontal, and unless I misunderstood, the general advice was to not wear raised shoes in this case. Is this not correct?
    I deadlift flat footed, and so do others. Nothing wrong with it.

Agree with the post above, don't unlock your knees immediately. Hinge a the hips first, when the bar gets to your knees then you unlock them.

Overall, these looked pretty good. The most important thing is getting everything tight before the pull which you do. The only issue I really see is that you're moving the bar forward before the pull with your legs. You probably are a bit forward of midfoot on some of the reps; nothing hundreds of reps won't cure . Keep pushing!

starting strength coach development program
    Awesome. Thank you all for the advice!