starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What causes lower back rounding in the Deadlift?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I tried everything I could guys. I tried to set my back before I pull I tried to "spread the floor" and get into a slightly lower position but nth is working out. Here are the latest footage. @bdogplifting on Instagram: “1) same as previous post (accident) 2) 175kg conve deadlift @8.5 3-5) 187.5kg conve Deadlift @9.5 Powerlifter for 4 years gave me advice…”

Quote Originally Posted by Busteddog View Post
    I went back and worked on my hamstrings and glutes. Here are the most recent training footage of my deadlifting 140kg today for 3 sets.

Set 1 : YouTube

Set 2 : YouTube

Set 3 : YouTube
    You see where your hips are when you bring your shins to the bar? Keep. Them. There. Do not let your glutes and hamstrings takeover to drop the hips. Rewatch these videos, see how your hips drop before you initiate the pull. It's not the weight. It's you neglecting to setup properly.

OP- are you looking in a mirror? If so that's not helping matters.

I never actually looked into the mirror when I'm in front of it I keep my eyes about 5-6 inches on the ground in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by corey334 View Post
    You see where your hips are when you bring your shins to the bar? Keep. Them. There. Do not let your glutes and hamstrings takeover to drop the hips. Rewatch these videos, see how your hips drop before you initiate the pull. It's not the weight. It's you neglecting to setup properly.
    I tried doing that but the bar doesn't seem to barge till my hips shoot up and back rounds.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Busteddog View Post
    I never actually looked into the mirror when I'm in front of it I keep my eyes about 5-6 inches on the ground in front of me.
    What does the book say happens when we look too far down when deadlifting? Additionally, where does the book say to look when deadlifting?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234