starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Top Set today 335x5
    Link - Prime Photos

Skip to 0:25 for the squatting - Thanks for any feedback!

335 is pretty good. Some work is needed though.

I'll repost Rip's recent comments:

Is my back angle too high?

In brief, you need to lean over more. Your back angle does not change at all from lockout to the bottom and back again. Knees out, nipples down, ass back.

This video is terrible for assessing your form for several reasons, but one of which is that the plates obscure you through most of the movement. We can't see what your back is doing. I suspect that you're getting floppy towards the bottom, which combined with your vertical torso, is contributing to the knee slide you've got going on.

You're looking in that mirror, stop doing that. Turn around and use the outside hooks if you can. Look at the floor.

Thanks for the feedback! I think I've been avoiding bending over due to a misguided attempt at protecting my back due to a recent tweak. This was great feedback, thanks.
    That mirror is the bane of my existence. Can you imagine a worse place for a mirror in a gym? Even when I look down I'll catch something in my peripheral and get distracted. It makes me do even weirder things during my press.