starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sorry about the angle. I just got a new tripod and I'm not framed very well. But any advise is appreciated. This is my 3rd set at 350lbs. Ignore the fact that I paused on the first rep, I was trying to get deeper.

YouTube

Generally good. However, you and I share the same tendency. We both need more hip drive and less reliance upon knees.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Generally good. However, you and I share the same tendency. We both need more hip drive and less reliance upon knees.
    Do your knees have a tendency to shoot straight out to the sides too? I had to adjust my foot angle to compensate for my awkwardness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Galioto View Post
    Do your knees have a tendency to shoot straight out to the sides too? I had to adjust my foot angle to compensate for my awkwardness.
    Actually they are supposed to shoot out to the sides, if understand your question. The opposite problem is the most often seen. I have the tendency to want my knees to cave. But by doing frog legs you give you hips a chance to force you back up. Our hips, after all, are our strongest muscles.

You are supposed to push your knees out, but they should track with your toes. Mine are way outside my toes, like a bowlegged ape.