starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys here are 2 videos of me squatting 150kg first set and last set respectively. It seems like I am butt winking. Can't really tell but what do u think?

First set : YouTube

Last set : YouTube

1) Squat shoes will help provide a more rigid and structural base
    2) Your stance may be a little too narrow (tough to be 100% sure from this angle, but looks like you could go another inch wider. A rear oblique view will tell more.)
    3) Your back could definitely use some more extension. Stand up real tall with a proud chest and squeeze your shoulder blades together and down (if you do this right your elbows will be down more and you'll be able to get your hands in closer together by at least a fingers-width each side.
    4) Control your speed. You are divebombing to the bottom (especially on the first set) and it's a bit of a collision in the hole. Control the speed and think about building the tension down the your hamstrings and through your hips.

Alright ill try that again and take another vid from a better angle. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Busteddog View Post
    Hey guys here are 2 videos of me squatting 150kg first set and last set respectively. It seems like I am butt winking. Can't really tell but what do u think?

First set : YouTube

Last set : YouTube
    The guy behind you on the incline isn't even close to a full ROM rep.