starting strength gym

Thread: Squats and Deadlift

Default Squats and Deadlift

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Here is a link to my log Seth's log

Seth's log

Here is a squat video and a Deadlift video. I apologize for the length of the videos but for I can't seem to edit them correctly. Comments welcome.

YouTube
    YouTube

Squat video sucks. Read the sticky. From here, you're way too deep; try cutting off intentionally high.

You're humping forward at the bottom/knees are sliding. While it looks like you have a pretty long torso, you could use to lean over more. Tits down, ass back toward the bottom.

Deadlift video is blocked due to nonsense "copyright" claims.

I'll take a jab at the squat.

Firstly, I'm not used to this angle, but it appears that your bar position is high. More like on top of spine of scapula or just above it. I can't say for sure, but it looks a little weird. Rear 45 hip height is most clear.

Second is your back angle. Get those nipples to floor early on in the squat. You're maintaining a quite upright angle. It may be due to bar position if it is indeed too high.

The major thing I see here is that you have some pretty sweet knee slide going on. Watch how the last bit of the bottom of your squat your knees squirt forward. This is not ideal. A perfect squat has knees moving forward and out early on in the descent, and then staying there until you pass that spot on the way back up. You can google around for all the cues for that. Tubow, knees set early, shove knees forward, stay tight, especially quads in the bottom etc. I'd try to clean that up, even if it means a bit of a reset.

310 is no joke tho, nice work!

Here's today's squat and Deadlift. The last set of both are filmed. 315 for the squat and 325 for the Deadlift. Tried not to go so deep on the squat and lean over more. For the Deadlift I have trouble just because of my flexibility I can barely reach my toes. I also had a guy to film so I tried to get better angles.

YouTube

YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Squat video sucks. Read the sticky. From here, you're way too deep; try cutting off intentionally high.

You're humping forward at the bottom/knees are sliding. While it looks like you have a pretty long torso, you could use to lean over more. Tits down, ass back toward the bottom.

Deadlift video is blocked due to nonsense "copyright" claims.
    Take a look at these 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Tits down, ass back toward
    Think I heard that in a song somewhere

Dead: Do not breathe while the weight is off of the floor.

Squat: Get some proper shoes.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy with the chucks for now, but squat shoes will be in my future at some point.