starting strength gym

Thread: Squat/ Deadlift form check please

Default Squat/ Deadlift form check please

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The squat form, I'm not sure from this view of I'm hitting depth. If I look at my core in the mirror from here, it looks deeper than the core from the bank quarter.

YouTube

The deadlift form, I think I'm starting with my hips too low. Also I'm not sure I'm falling victim to the 4inch belt issue, because my back FEELS like it's set, but it sure doesn't look like it.

YouTube

Any other critique or cues would be very helpful. Except for the shorts. My wife makes enough fun of me for then...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Galioto View Post
    The squat form, I'm not sure from this view of I'm hitting depth. If I look at my core in the mirror from here, it looks deeper than the core from the bank quarter.

YouTube

The deadlift form, I think I'm starting with my hips too low. Also I'm not sure I'm falling victim to the 4inch belt issue, because my back FEELS like it's set, but it sure doesn't look like it.

YouTube

Any other critique or cues would be very helpful. Except for the shorts. My wife makes enough fun of me for then...
    "Core" = "view"
    "Bank" = "back"
    "Of" = "if"
    Thank you autocorrect!

Thanks for the corrections. If you can find a way to face away from the mirror you will be better off. Your depth looks fine in squat. I would get larger shorts.

I honestly only bought them because I thought that if I could see more of my femur, that I would be about to see depth easier.