starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift form chack

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Next: look for an excellent post by SSC Michael Wolf, who has a training log here in "Competitive". About his own DL session, he talks about not rushing the setup, but not lingering, either. I think we saw the man behind you complete an entire set of dips in the time it took you to set up for one rep.

Hope this helps.
    Sorry about that i forgot to cut this 15 sec when i edited the video.

starting strength coach development program
    Hey man. In your latest video:

Much better keeping your hips up at the start of the pull. Good job fixing that.

It appears as if your belt is actually causing you not fully flatten your back. Your back extension was much better in the first two videos without the belt. You are either wearing it too tight, or it might be too wide of a belt for you, but it is currently interfering with your ability to get as flat as you would otherwise.

Lastly, you are still bending your knees too much on the way down. It might be helpful to think of the descent as two distinct movements: "Lean and dip." The first part of the movement just barely unlock your knees and lean over until the bar just passes your knees. After it passes your knees, keep your back angle constant, and just bend your knees to finish the rep. If you do this correctly, you will end in the exact place you started with the bar over mid-foot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12