Thread: Squat and Bench Form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sept 18
    Squat

Bench Press

Here's another update.

Glad you got your shoes! Squat is looking good, but I think you could still aim to slow down your descent another notch.

Bench:
    You are pressing the bar straight up instead of up AND BACK. Think about pressing the bar in a perfect diagonal line from the spot on your chest back up to lockout. This will make some of those tough reps a lot easier!

Position your feet flat on the floor with your heels down and your shins close to vertical. You would probably benefit from elevating your feet on a pair of 25 pound plates because you have shorter tibias. Once you adjust your foot position, push backwards on the bench with your feet during the set to tighten and increase the height of your arch.

Uneven Squats

I deloaded down from 265 back to 235, so I figured that it's time to kill any bad squat habits. First one I found is this. How do I fix it? Is it grip? Uneven pelvic tilt?

YouTube

I tried to fix the problem on my own, and the bad is even now. But my ass seems uneven, or am I just crazy?

starting strength coach development program
    These squats are fine. Add weight to the bar. Rinse and repeat. Some guys get obsessed over form minutia. It can be very counterproductive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darixan View Post
    YouTube

I tried to fix the problem on my own, and the bad is even now. But my ass seems uneven, or am I just crazy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12