Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Any help will be massively appreciated!

YouTube

Thanks

No expert here but These look a bit high...try narrower stance. Ass back knees out should help reach depth. Good luck

Stance seems wide, even though we can't see them in this video. Too wide can prevent depth based on the extensibility of your adductors.

Too wide can also cause knee cave. Look for an excellent new video on knee cave, which also discusses stance width, on Atlanta Barbell's YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    Stance seems wide, even though we can't see them in this video. Too wide can prevent depth based on the extensibility of your adductors.

Too wide can also cause knee cave. Look for an excellent new video on knee cave, which also discusses stance width, on Atlanta Barbell's YouTube channel.
    Thank you for the reply, I've just tried a narrower stance bodyweight and compared to my current stance and I can definitely feel the difference! I will try this out next session.

Thanks

Glad the narrower stance seemed to help.

Post another video so we can see if your depth has improved.

I think you may have the bar set just a hair too low. It looked to be moving around on your back a bit and sliding down throughout the set. This caused your wrists to go into extension as the set went on as well. It helps me as I unrack to actually start with the bar high on my back, then slide it down my back with lifted elbows until it hits "a wall." That way I know it's sitting directly on top of all of the posterior deltoids, and not just part of them. Try that next time you set up.