starting strength gym
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Squat Form please help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I train muay Thai twice a week with a pro fight team, on Tuesday before Wednesday our coach pushed us to exhaustion as half the team is fighting soon, I don't think I ate enough or slept enough that night

Let me guess, your cutting weight?

Nope trying to gain weight slowly

set 1 82.5kg
    YouTube
    set 2 82.5kg
    YouTube
    set 3 82.5kg
    YouTube

no response

You're still breaking at the hips before the knees. You're also bouncing off your knees at the bottom. See them slide forward right as you start the ascent? Maybe try thinking about driving your hips up and back as you start the ascent as an over-correction cue. Your elbows are also still really high and your wrists are still really extended.

You need to get a TUBOW and practice getting your knees to it as early in the descent as possible. And practice not knocking it over during the ascent.

You also need to fix your grip and upper back. Your forearms should be in line with your torso, not nearly perpendicular. Stick your chest out, hard. Big proud superman chest. Then keep your elbows down by not flexing your wrists so much. Squeeze your shoulder blades together hard.

Tightening the upper back should help you tighten your lower back. Keeping the lower back tight as you approach the hole is the key to getting your depth cut off appropriately. For me, at least, when the tension is unbearable and I know I can't go deeper without flexing my spine, I know I have hit the correct depth.

Thank you guys

YouTube
    set 1
    YouTube
    set 2
    YouTube
    set 3

I felt that on my last set when I extended my stance a little I found it a little easier to break at the hips and knees although on the last set I felt too weak to reflect this in the video

starting strength coach development program
    Get your knees forward sooner. Your knees should be about an inch past your toes no later than half way down, probably sooner , and keep them there. Watch your reps. Get your knees forward sooner and keep them set over your toes . If you watch sometimes your knees shift forward at the bottom. Don’t let your knees slam forward at the bottom. Get your knees forward sooner. And keep them there, just over you toes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast