starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check: Deadlift

Default Form Check: Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Apologies for the black shirt. I didn’t intend to upload this video when I recorded it. However, I’m starting to think I should get some input before I hurt myself. Many thanks in advance! IMG_2183.TRIM.MOV - Google Drive

Welcome.

Narrow your stance and your grip by a couple of inches.

You need a much bigger, bolder Step 4. The "squeeze your chest up" cue is supposed to get rid of any spinal flexion (rounding) and unfortunately you are not accomplishing that.

Set the bar down faster and start the lowering by breaking at the hips first without bending at the knees much at all until you pass them.

Thanks for the help!

You are setting up with the bar too close to your shins. These are almost stiff-leg deadlifts. Fix your stance width as LP noted. Make sure your toes are turned out slightly. Get that bar 1” from your shins when your shins are vertical. Then bring your shins to the bar. Your knees should be on the inside of your elbows. Squeeze up your chest without dropping your hips, which you may want to do after making these adjustments. Your hips will probably end up lower than they are now, but don’t let them fall any further.