starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check: Squat and Deadlift

Default Form Check: Squat and Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As I approach squatting my bodyweight, I figured I probably better ensure I correct my form now while the weight is still (relatively) light. Looking forward to your critiques...

Squat: 20181003_103939.mp4 - Google Drive
    Dead: 20181003_112725.mp4 - Google Drive

Squat: Read the sticky on filming form check videos. We can't see your stance or really the bar position from this angle. Lose the gloves. Lose the New Balance sneakers. These are very solid, ass-to-grass high bar squats, which we don't do. Have you read the book?

Deadlifts: Again, sticky on form check videos. Lose the gloves. Bar is way forward of mid-foot. Hips are too low. Fair back extension. You'll need to review the five step deadlift setup, if you've read the book.

How much weight have you gained since you started the program?

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Squat: Read the sticky on filming form check videos. We can't see your stance or really the bar position from this angle. Lose the gloves. Lose the New Balance sneakers. These are very solid, ass-to-grass high bar squats, which we don't do. Have you read the book?

Deadlifts: Again, sticky on form check videos. Lose the gloves. Bar is way forward of mid-foot. Hips are too low. Fair back extension. You'll need to review the five step deadlift setup, if you've read the book.

How much weight have you gained since you started the program?
    I started reading it a while back on a plane ride, and watched his videos on youtube, but now as I rewatch I obviously didn't take away what I needed to. Back to school for me. I'll study up and post again after next workout.

And I've gained 5 pounds so far, but only been doing this for a couple weeks.