starting strength gym

Thread: Need form check please

Default Need form check please

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Last time got super helpful feedback. Fixed all I could. Big improvement I think. but starting strength is not inviting me to model for them yet
    In my case mirror was my enemy. I was tempted to look up to peak in the mirror to see if I go down deep enough and from there it was hard to recover.
    Now looking down and thinking hips.
    What do I do next. thank you all.
    YouTube

Looks strong - way to grind!

I think the bar path looks better here than in the previous one I saw.

I did notice that your toes are coming up during the rep. You wobble just a bit about halfway up, and that is simultaneous with the foot movement. If you watch your hips/bar, you see that you shift backward; that is related to the feet moving. Maybe think of your toes driving down into the floor and out (with your knees). Try to keep the entire bottom of that lifting shoe glued down during the rep.

someone could correct me but I think your going too deep, an inch, maybe,
    and loosing the bounce,
    you may also be dropping too fast, making that bounce, harder.

If you have the blue book, refer to the section about "The Master Cue" in the squat chapter.

Hey man!

Way to fight through these squats.

You're holding the knees back too much at the top which forces them to play catch-up and crash forward when you hit the hole. This is the source of your balance woes that these other gentlemen were commenting on. You need to get your knees set forward in the first 1/3 of the descent, THEN sit back at the bottom.

Keep your toes in contact with the floor at the top and think about initiating your descent by simultaneously unlocking both the hips AND the knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Krieg View Post
    Hey man!

Way to fight through these squats.

You're holding the knees back too much at the top which forces them to play catch-up and crash forward when you hit the hole. This is the source of your balance woes that these other gentlemen were commenting on. You need to get your knees set forward in the first 1/3 of the descent, THEN sit back at the bottom.

Keep your toes in contact with the floor at the top and think about initiating your descent by simultaneously unlocking both the hips AND the knees.

Thank you all. toes? damn! another thing to pay attention to. Who was that terrorist who said knees should not go past toes. Messed me up completely.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by therussianrocket View Post
    Thank you all. toes? damn! another thing to pay attention to. Who was that terrorist who said knees should not go past toes. Messed me up completely.
    Lol. Definitely Bin Laden.