starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Bar Squats

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    If I am wrong someone correct me. I am trying to learn this stuff too.

Stance could be just a little wider. Heels at shoulder width. Toes maybe a little bit more forward. This could be why balance is an issue.

Try to fix the right wrist - keep in neutral. When things get heavy it will become a problem otherwise.

Keep working on your depth. It may take awhile but it will happen.

Do low bar if you can. It is to your advantage.

I am not an expert in the slightest way, in fact I'm a rank novice as well, but if you read the book and try low bar, the amazing coaches here will give you amazing advice for free. I get where you come from in regards to not wanting to low bar due to no coaching as I have no coaches in my vicinity either, but the advice from this community and their coaches are amazing. So in my very unqualified opinion I feel you can definitely switch to low bar and the amazing coaches will be with every step of the way as they have been with me. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbfast View Post
    Try to fix the right wrist - keep in neutral. When things get heavy it will become a problem otherwise.
    I wouldn't say will. My preference is also for straight wrists, but enough people squat heavy with bent wrists and have no problems with it that you can't say it's absolute. I wouldn't even say probable, and telling him he's going to have a problem is more likely to make him overly-sensitive to it than anything else.

Other than that, yeah, the rest of what you said is fine.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    I wouldn't say will. My preference is also for straight wrists, but enough people squat heavy with bent wrists and have no problems with it that you can't say it's absolute. I wouldn't even say probable, and telling him he's going to have a problem is more likely to make him overly-sensitive to it than anything else.

Other than that, yeah, the rest of what you said is fine.
    THANKS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12