starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check plis

Default Squat form check plis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Monday found out the bar wasn't even in the correct spot on my back after 2+ months of lifting, derp. Mondays set can be found here;
    Squat Check Plis

This was the best bar placement correction I could do, is this better? Third set, 260lbs on a friday, 2.5lbs increase from Monday. YouTube

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alilgoat View Post
    Monday found out the bar wasn't even in the correct spot on my back after 2+ months of lifting, derp. Mondays set can be found here;
    Squat Check Plis

This was the best bar placement correction I could do, is this better? Third set, 260lbs on a friday, 2.5lbs increase from Monday. YouTube

Thank you.
    Bar placement is in the ballpark, and this is a better camera angle to assess it from, too. Wondering if you could move your grip in by one finger yet have straight wrists, in order to get tighter. Set grip, then duck under the bar and don't wiggle your hands around. Bar could very well be half an inch high still; with the bar in position, you should be able to feel your acromion above it. In short, this is one of those things that is easier to deal with in person.

Your spine is now solid, but seriously consider a 4" belt. Other previous feedback is the same: drive knees out, bend over. Back at the squat teaching progression, notice how folded up you are when your elbows are between your knees. Stance looks wider in this video; go back to your original heel width. Drive hips straight up instead of slightly backwards.

At the completion of the set, bump the bar straight into the uprights, then you know you're over the hooks and can safely lower it.

Agree with everything JD said. Think you could use a little more thoracic extension before you unrack. Seems this is my favourite video to share lately.

It also looks like these are high, especially as the set goes on. You've also got some knee slide going on at the bottom. Make sure you're really thinking about knees out and sitting back to get depth.

Looks like these gentleman got you all covered here Lil Goat. I second the notion to invest in a belt!