starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squat and deadlift form please check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Why no response, have I broken some rule?

As Dillon said above, you are still going too low, and descending too fast.

Try this: "3 and 3." See if you can cut your depth off by 3 inches, and try to count to 3 for the descent.

Thanks will do

Yup, still dive bombing. Definitely try the three count, which will help you find depth.

On the deadlift, your attempt to set your back is more evident now, but still not enough. You really need to squeeze your chest up hard. Harder than you think you have to. It's uncomfortable. Review the video I posted before, and then try to squeeze your chest up enough to create wrinkles on the back of your shirt. You video a lot of your stuff, so that should tell you if you were successful or not. Film your warm ups and see if you can make it happen before your work set. At light weights, squeezing your chest up hard enough might even pull the bar off the floor.

squat set 1:
    YouTube
    squat set 2:
    YouTube
    squat set 3:
    YouTube
    deadlift:
    YouTube

my first squat set i felt was good, the other two i messed up the bar position, but the first set i think i actually felt hip drive for the first time, my deadlift i was really trying to lift my upper chest and was trying to set my upper back by trying to also feel my pelvis, any better?

Still descending too fast. When we said count to three, we didn't mean quickly and while dive bombing We meant a legit three second descent. Even the reps where you visibly slowed down were at most two seconds. You're also getting back into that habit of breaking at the hips before the knees. Hips and knees same time, and a full three second count on the way down!

Nice shirt wrinkles! Big improvement, but still room for more extension. Make sure you don't drop your hips as you squeeze your chest up. Point your nipples at the wall in front of you and your butt hole at the wall behind you. Your back got a little softer later in the set as you tired. Make sure you set your back as hard as you can every rep. Keep working on it!

Thanks for the quick response, hopefully I can do better next time

Hi coaches deloaded to 95kg , I really must have been divebombing hard, every warm up set felt way more difficult
    warm up 80kg
    YouTube
    95kg set 1
    YouTube
    95kg set 2
    YouTube
    95kg set 3
    YouTube

I also failed hard on power cleans today at 65kg never happened to me before:
    YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Cmon these descents are at least 3 seconds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast